Monday, September 22, 2014

Byte: Elite: Dangerous - Video frenzy

Now that I'm back at work, things have been a little quiet around here lately, but rest assured that I'll be writing a whole new round of guides, ship and equipment reviews and tutorials as soon as I can after Beta 2 is released on the 30th of September. I certainly can't wait to get my hands on an Asp Explorer (I've always been partial to a nice Asp!), and I'm hoping that the larger bubble of explorable space will yield up some interesting sights in the new release.

In the meantime, I've been playing a bit more with Fraps and Moviemaker to create a few E:D videos of my hopefully watchable exploits. When I have a bit more time at my disposal, I hope to be able to do some proper post-production voiceovers, rather than the flavour text captions I'm currently using, but for now, I hope that what I'm posting is at least mildly interesting and entertaining, as well as giving the viewer a flavour of just how awesome this game really is.

I uploaded a couple of videos over the weekend, the first of which documents one of my epic-ist fails I've ever had playing the game, as I monumentally misjudge an engine boost, closing in for the kill on an otherwise helpless and mortally wounded Federation Anaconda at Eranin 2, with hilariously tragic consequences. Just as well this happened on a solo instance, right? God forbid that anyone in the outside world should see my mistake.... Whoops!



In an effort to somewhat reclaim my credibility as an authority on how to play Elite: Dangerous, I also posted a video of myself and a friend similarly raiding the High Intensity warzone at Eranin 2, only with more success, barring the odd server glitch. Here I get to demonstrate the awesome badassitude of an "Iron Ass" Anaconda, fully specced out with no less than seven cannons (three Class 6, two Class 4 and two Class 2). As my buddy Ol points out in the video, I'm taking down enemy Anacondas like they're fighters. Behold the awesome awesomeness of cannons!



Hope you enjoyed the videos. More updates will be incoming soon, after I've had a chance to play with the new pieces of ship equipment, and had the opportunity to fully evaluate the potential of the Asp Explorer, which was always my favourite ship in Elite 2: Frontier. Good hunting, Commanders!
Post a Comment