Monday, September 01, 2014

Byte: Elite: Dangerous - Anaconda Hunt

A few days ago I stumbled across this awesome video of an Anaconda pilot kicking serious bottom using a loadout of seven rail guns.

Suitably inspired, I thought that I absolutely had to try this out with my own Anaconda. The only caveat was that the wonderfully-named Fruchtpudding's video was recorded in Premium Beta, and there have been some significant changes to the heat generation and power usage mechanics, plus a few tweaks to weapon damage. As you'll see below, rail guns look super-spectacular when they hit, but generate far too much heat for the damage they provide. So, like any good scientist, I perform a little experiment to see what loadout will actually turn my Annie into an ultimate death gunboat. I think the experiment was a success, but see what you think. Enjoy, and Good Hunting, Commanders!
Post a Comment