Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bark: OUCH

I got some bad news on the car this evening. When the mechanics stripped the engine to get to the clutch to replace it, they discovered that the flywheel that connects the clutch mechanism to the engine itself had started to fracture and disintegrate, meaning that it had to be replaced as well as the standard clutch kit. Not only that, it appears that I have a (minor, so far) radiator leak, and that might need replacing as well - which could lumber me with a repair bill in the ballpark of £1000 - just what you need in the month after Christmas, particularly when I also have to MOT and tax the car. So while it might have been a well-timed catastrophe yesterday, it has turned out to be a much more expensive one than I'd feared.

Still, I've been trying to find a silver lining. If there is one, it's this: my liver will be relieved, because with a repair bill that size, I'm not going to be able to afford to drink for the next few months... Who'd own a car, eh?
Post a Comment