Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bark: A funny thing happened on the way to the barber

I was queuing up at the cash point to take some money out for a much-needed haircut earlier this afternoon, when I noticed that the gentlemen at the ATM was taking an inordinate amount of time, fiddling at the buttons on the screen. I bite down my instinct to make a sarcastic comment like "Anytime today would be fine, mate", which I often do in my car when waiting for someone to make a decision to whether they should pull out into a junction or at a roundabout when they have clear right of way.

Just as well, really, because when he turns around IT'S BRIAN BLOODY BLESSED.

It's not every day that you get to use the same cash point as a national treasure. Though apparently, as my barber tells me, he lives just down the road and he's always in our local supermarket. Ten years I've been living here, and that's the first time I've seen him.
Post a Comment