Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bark: Hard work is good for the soul

At the time of writing, it's just past 10pm. This is quite literally the first free moment I've had since I woke up at 6.15am this morning. Today I've taught two pretty dreadful lessons (for various reasons), am suffering from just about every minor ailment known to Mankind thanks to all the bugs that the kids drag into the school, and I've got a two hour commute every day that eats up time I could otherwise use lesson planning.

People always moan about teachers getting long holidays. If the last few weeks I've had are anything to go by, bloody hell, we need them. Teaching makes working for a large multinational IT company look like a walk in the park by comparison. This is without doubt one of the hardest weeks I've ever had in my working life. But do I regret jumping ship?

Hell no.
Post a Comment