Thursday, March 26, 2009

Byte: Distilled digital fun

I've just submitted my review for Peggle (the Xbox 360 Live Arcade version), so you can expect to see that up at the usual place in the next few days. Ahh, Peggle. Joy of joys. If there's a better way to spend 800 points on Xbox Live Arcade, I've yet to find it. (Though I will grant you that Rez HD and Duke Nukem 3D are arguably equally worthy)

If you're thinking that I've been doing a lot of writing lately, then I would have to agree with you. I'm definitely in a writing mood right now, especially with Script Frenzy just around the corner. So there's going to be quite a bit more coming from me in the next few weeks. I want to try and get Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment reviewed before the end of the week, since I have Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and EVE Online incoming.

So it's probably just as well that my lady will be heading home to France for 10 days around Easter, because I'll be doing a lot of hammering away on my keyboard over the next month, and she'd probably go mad due to all that tapping if she were here the whole time.

There's a very big reason why I'm feeling driven to write at the moment, but for that same large reason, I can't talk about it here. So I'm taking a bit of refuge in being able to talk about other things and getting my catharsis through that instead. I think it may even actually be working, too, which is great news for the Videogamer guys, because I've probably done more reviews for them this year already than I did last year as a whole. It's also nice to be approaching April and still have games that I want to write about, too. Last year's post-Christmas lull was particularly awful, but with my acquisition of the 360 and some really promising titles on the horizon (thankfully not all lumped into March, April and October) we might actually have a gaming summer this year that's worth writing home about.
Post a Comment