Thursday, December 18, 2008

Byte: Why didn't I think of this before?

I was chatting earlier with my chum Neal, about his plans to hook up his Spectrum to his big screen LCD TV, when I suddenly had a bit of a brainstorm. My own LCD TV, all thirty-two inches of widescreen goodness of it, has a VGA port. And my laptop has a DVI port to hook up to an external monitor... I think you can see where this is going.

Now, since I happen to have bought a new monitor for my desktop PC in the last week or two, I had a spare VGA cable lurking around the house, plus a DVI-to-VGA dongle, which got made redundant, since I now use a DVI-only cable to hook up my PC to my monitor. So five minutes of fiddling later... and I've got my laptop hooked up to the TV and I'm playing WoW.

OH. MY. GOD. COOLEST! THING! EVER!
Post a Comment