Friday, December 05, 2008

Byte: Now in glorious widescreen

My new monitor arrived just after lunchtime today. Gosh, it's really rather gorgeous.

The colour, brightness, response time and contrast all dwarf that of my old monitor, and there isn't a single dead pixel. You could say I'm rather pleased. Even Fleur likes it, since it's shinier and sexier than the old boring beige one I had (speaking of which, submit your pleas to give it a good home here).

I've tested it out with quite a few of my games to see how my PC handles the higher resolution and the good news is that it copes with World of Warcraft, Trials 2, Mass Effect, Call of Duty: World at War, GTR Evolution, Far Cry 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition without any noticeable frame rate drops. Even UFO: Enemy Unknown looks pretty awesome on it - amazing, considering it's upscaling all the way up from 320x240.

So I would definitely recommend one, if you're in the market for a new monitor.
Post a Comment