Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Byte: Give this woman a TV show

I was most surprised (but pleased) to see this pop up on the BBC News website a day or two back.

I know Ellie passably well from a couple of press trips I've been on, and though I've not spoken to her for ages, I can think of no-one who would be more capable of taking videogames to a mainstream TV audience. She's one of the most popular games journalists amongst games journalists, and rightly so, not simply because she's a lady who likes games, but because she's a terrific writer, intelligent and knowledgeable, too. And she can also out-drink a Shield Dwarf, which, as we all know, is the one overriding talent necessary for a career in games journalism. (I jest. OR DO I??)

We should all pester the BBC to give her a TV show on videogames. It'd be brilliant. And it would help keep Iain Lee off the TV. That's what I call a win-win.
Post a Comment