Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Byte: Blatant Link Post

It should come as no surprise to regular readers that I'm playing Wrath of the Lich King a lot right now. I'm not going to talk about it in any great depth here, mainly because I'm going to be writing a review of it in the next week or so, and I might as well save all my words for that instead.

I will, however, tell you that I've gotten around to posting my first set of WotLK screenies on my Flickr account.

Arthas

Follow the rest of my WoW photoset to see the journey I've been enjoying with my spangly new Death Knight, Devorgilla, over the last week or so. I'll be posting more shots of Sharéth's adventures in the Howling Fjord and the Borean Tundra in Northrend a little later. Sharéth is now up to level 72 and has shed most of the Rare armour she'd been using for the last year. I did find it a little galling that one of the very first quest rewards in Borean Tundra replaced the Staff of Natural Fury I blew a huge amount of gold on in the auction house about six months ago. It was one of my few epics, and to have it superseded by a quest reward Green within half an hour of getting to Northrend was rather distressing. I still haven't been able to bring myself to vendor it. It's lurking in the bank with all the other kit I have replaced with the new leatherworking recipes until I can face parting with it. That is, when I desperately need every gold I have to pay for the Cold Weather flying training at level 77... It's going to be a long time before I get to that point, though, as I've still got to see most of the new map areas and I still have to do any of the new instances. That's my task for this week, and I'm jolly well looking forward to it, too.

Of course, it should also come as no surprise that due to the Lich King's siren call that I'm 20,000 words behind my NaNoWriMo target word count... whoops.
Post a Comment