Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bark: An irrational response

I'm really feeling out of sorts lately. I've been working from home for the last few weeks and it's sending me around the twist. Okay, try and make sense of this if you can...

I have a pretty low opinion of people. Not individuals, let's be quite clear about that: I have friends, and there are lots of individual people I like - but people as a group, as a species, as a society, people suck. Call it misanthropy, sociopathy, I've got a pretty bad case. If I could get rid of the human race, or at least chuck away all the systems of governance, economy and morality that people like to wrap themselves in, I'd do it in a second and replace it with something that's, well, more humane.

So why would I react with depression when I'm isolated from the society I can't stand and only interact with the people I actually like? What the fuck is that about?
Post a Comment