Friday, October 03, 2008

Byte: How Not To Make A Second Impression

With my Enhanced Edition of my Witcher review neatly out of the way (I'll link when it goes up, probably at some point next week), I tried again to get started with Warhammer Online. Regular readers will know that my first attempt did not exactly go swimmingly.

Today though, at least I was able to register an account and activate my CD Key. All systems stop, here's an 821MB patch to download before you can even get started. To be fair, at least the patch didn't take too long to download - about an hour on my 2MB broadband. So I start up, watch the intro movie (which appears to have been cut down to be more kiddie friendly than the original - the fire mage doesn't get run-through the chest by the Black Orc, for example), create a Dark Elf Sorceress on Karak Hirn so I can hopefully spend my first 30 days with the Rock Paper Snotling crowd, and... the server goes down before I can even take my first quest...

Okayyyyyyy...
Post a Comment