Thursday, October 30, 2008

Byte: Easy mode on

Well. Respeccing to Beast Master was one of the best decisions I've made in WoW recently. Yonn has zipped up from level 64 to level 66 in two evenings play (that's nearly ONE MILLION experience points, context-fans!). I can take down Elites my level with impunity and even if a quest says that 2 players are recommended, I can still solo it with ease. Yonn might just make it to 70 in the next fortnight if we keep on going like this. I can barely process the possibility that I might get two characters up to level 70. Just getting one character up to 70 is achievement enough, if only for the sheer amount of time invested, but two? That's getting pretty serious.

I've got nearly ten days logged on Yonn right now, with four levels to go (averaging 4-6 hours, rested, so probably another day's play to 70), though that's nothing compared to Sharéth - I have over 33 days logged on with her, but "only" 10 of those are at level 70, so you can see the massive difference between levelling time for a first and second character. And also how they sped up the levelling time from 1-60 a few patches back, but I digress. A lot of the time saved is simply knowing where you have to go and what to kill to finish the quests. So I reckon, NaNoWriMo notwithstanding, that I should have Yonn up to level 70 before Lich King comes out. Though probably not long before it comes out, which means that I'm not going to have much time to take advantage of quest rewards being money instead of experience at the level cap, so getting Yonn his flappy mount might take a wee while. I suppose it depends how quickly they throw money at you in Northrend.

Which leaves me with a bit of a quandary, really. If I do get Yonn up to 70 in time for Lich King, which character am I going to take to Northrend first? Sharéth is technically my main character, but Yonn has the crappier gear, so he will benefit the most from the first couple of levels in Northrend, in terms of equipment. I guess I'll burn that bridge when I get to it...
Post a Comment