Monday, May 12, 2008

Bark/Byte: Withdrawl

I haven't played any WoW for TWO WHOLE DAYS. And I'm not curled up in a quivering ball from withdrawl! Isn't that amazing?

Admittedly, I've been playing SpellForce 2 instead (and the character I'm playing is even called Shareth), so it's not like it's that much of a change, or like I've stopped gaming. I've already given up quite enough recently (alcohol, caffeine), thanks to these damned headaches that still won't go away, despite the medication... Back to the doc's later this week, thinks I.

Over the weekend I discovered that my memories of SpellForce 2 hadn't deceived me on replaying it: I don't think it would ever rate as a classic, but it's very good fun and the RPG and RTS aspects work nicely together, even if they're individually on the lightweight side. I've not tried the expansion pack yet, as I want to finish the main campaign first. Having ploughed so much time into SpellForce, I've not really had time to dabble with the other games I bought at the weekend, but I did finally manage to crack out Wii Fit. And it is good, even if finding out just how unfit and badly balanced you are is a little unnerving. My Wii Fit age is 46 - pretty bad, though better than Fleur's (52! Ouch!) - and I'm shockingly bad at most of the balance games.

The Yoga (which Fleur was amazed to see me trying) is quite good, and not nearly so intimidating to do in your own home than in an evening class. Fleur was very disparaging about that (a little unfairly, I think), saying that it would be better to get out of the house to do it, though she got her comeuppance after she tried doing the Tree form and got a lower score than I did... and she used to do Yoga in an evening class... I didn't rub her face in it too much, though.

"LOSER! LOSER!" *makes L sign*

You know me... the very paragon of restraint and tact. *coughs*
Post a Comment