Thursday, May 01, 2008

Bark: Today is "Don't Fucking Vote For Boris Day"

Please don't vote for Boris. In the same way that Gordon Brown was put on this Earth to remind us how good a Prime Minister Tony Blair was, Boris is Brown to Ken Livingstone's Blair.

Just don't do it, m'kay? Really. I'd rather you voted BNP.

In other news, I got the results back from my blood test today. True to form, inconclusive. Mostly good news, it has to be said: there's nothing wrong with my liver (amazing, considering how much I drink) or my kidneys (the same) and I don't have type 2 diabetes, either (again, a relief, since I'm fairly overweight and at risk), and other than mildly elevated cholesterol, I appear to be perfectly healthy. That is, except for the inexplicably high blood pressure and seven weeks' worth of constant headaches that range from 'mildly annoying' to 'my brain is tearing itself off from the inside of my skull'... This week, they've mainly been in the latter category. Not very fricking pleasant, let me tell you.

My GP prescribed me some super-hardcore pain medication, amitriptyline hydrochloride, which hopefully should not only help with the headaches, but also sort out my sleeping patterns and maybe even help me feel a little less depressed. I was mildly concerned that the tablets appear to contain Carbon-14, a radioactive form of Carbon, but I'm hoping that the radioactivity will give me super-powers. "GASP! At his ability to play Project Gotham Racing 2 until 4am on a weeknight!" "How do you do it, Insomniac-Man??

Regrettably, this medication does come with an "avoid alcohol" warning... SHIT. Just as well, then, that I've finally found a non-alcoholic beer that doesn't taste like cat's pee. Which is good news for Cobra Beer's shareholders, if nothing else.
Post a Comment