Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bark: The biggest disaster for London since the Blitz

...and the people voted for it. This pretty much confirms what I've thought for years: Democracy does work, because there are too many stupids. I credited Londoners with more intelligence. Especially since London is such a cosmopolitan city, the last person you'd want in charge is a bumbling, insensitive bigot, but it just goes to show that if you package it up with the right soundbites and haircut, people will still vote for it... What a triumph for Democracy! Presentation over Substance, gets the voters every time. You can't really blame the Tories, though... it worked for Blair.

I can only hope that the Tories put in place some kind of sensible brain trust behind the scenes and reduce Boris to the shambling, incoherent mouthpiece that he so clearly is. If not, well, I guess I'm going to have to move to a nicely run dictatorship, like Cuba. At least the weather's better there.
Post a Comment