Monday, November 12, 2007

Byte: As good as Zywiec

For the uninitiated, Zywiec is a fine Polish lager beer, that my local supermarket started stocking after Britain started getting invaded by Polish plumbers a couple of years ago. I like it a lot; my liver less so, since you could tranquillise rhinos with it.

Another Polish import I rather like at the moment is The Witcher, of which I'm now rather glad I asked for review code. I've spent the last couple of weeks playing it, and in terms of a videogame, it's been one of the most pleasant surprises I've had this year. After the somewhat predictable disappointment of the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion, The Witcher was pretty much my last hope of a decent single-player RPG experience this year, and I have to say I was rather impressed. Great graphics and sound, a decent enough story and lashings of foul language, sex and ultra-violence... what's not to like? Assuming you're rather more open-minded than the typical Daily Mail reader, that is.

As I say in the review, it's my favourite single-player RPG since Oblivion, so it's well worth a punt if you fancy something to counter-weight all those flashy shooters that are hitting the street right now.
Post a Comment