Thursday, November 22, 2007

Bark/Byte: Consolation

It's been over a week and Crysis still hasn't arrived, which I guess means that some bastard in the postage system has filtched it. Thieving scum. And I have to wait another two weeks before I can even report that it's gone AWOL, because Play say you have to give them 21 days before they can investigate... annoying. It's the first thing I've ever had go missing from Play in about three years, so I guess, statistically speaking, something was bound to go missing at some point; just WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS ONE? RAARRRGGH.

At least I have plenty of other things to play. Hopefully my copy of Unreal Tournament 3 WILL arrive in the next day or two, and beyond that, I've still got The Witcher, Race 07 and Metroid Prime 3 to keep me gainfully occupied.

Now that I've got my consoles fully HD'd up, I had a brief flirt with Metroid - and got stuck on the first boss, naturally. The component cable seems to have sorted out the problems I'd been having with sound loss that affected both the Wii and the Gamecube (when I had one) - I don't think that they liked sharing the same SCART socket with the Xbox, so I had to turn the volume up to maximum just so I could hear anything - but with the component leads and switcher box, the sound is absolutely fine. It's nice being able to play Wii games when you can actually hear what the heck is going on... so I'll be playing a lot more on it in the near future, as I've got one hell of a backlog to get through: Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3... not to mention all the Gamecube games (Resident Evil 4, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, P.N.03, Metroid Prime 1 & 2...) I have still have to finish, too.

But the one thing that's really stopping me from getting too depressed about Crysis going missing is that England is now in national mourning. As a Scotsman, I find this kind of abject failure of the England team highly amusing, and the hand-wringing press coverage even more so. HAH-HAAH! NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE, YOU SMUG ENGLISH TWATS. Welcome to the world of a Scotland supporter....
Post a Comment