- By the time you finish all the monthly repayments on your car loan, your car will be worth roughly one quarter of what you have paid for it.
- Once you finish all the monthly repayments on your car loan, things will start to break.
- Things will always break at the most inconvenient time and place. (Usually Friday night rush hour at the busiest junction in town)
- Things will start to break as soon as their warranty has expired. This rule applies doubly if you have taken out an extended warranty.
- The validity of your warranty is dependent upon having services performed by the franchise dealer you bought the car from.
- Service costs at the franchise dealership will be at least twice that of your local garage for the same parts and labour.
I actually had a fairly painless visit to the garage early this morning to fix a minor problem with my screenwash system - £25 all in, I only had to wait 40 minutes, had free wireless internet access, and they even gave the car a full wash and vacuum. It's the only reason I still take it to the dealership - they always wash the car...