Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Byte: This post was brought to you by the power of Linux

I am presently writing to you from my Celery Lapdog, which is now running a pristine install of Xubuntu 6.06, and I have to say, it's a heck of a lot easier to set up than Windows: no pissing about installing custom device drivers - the only thing I needed to configure was the network settings to get the wireless up and running, and that took, ooooh, about two minutes. I was thinking of dual-booting with my old copy of Windows ME, but after having played about for a while, I'm not sure I'm going to bother. After all, I have the Virtual Machines on my games rig to take care of all my retro gaming needs.

The interface is super-sleek and super-sexy, the software update facility is so much better than the Windows one and it's so nice not to have to worry about anti-virus software for once... I think I could get used to this...
Post a Comment