Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bark: Fiasclogo

I think I can confidently predict that the 2012 Olympics are going to be an unmitigated disaster, if the continuing fiasco over the logo is anything to go by. If the rapturous reception the logo itself got after its unveiling on Monday wasn't enough, now they've had to take a promotional video off the official London Olympics website because it was giving people epileptic fits.

The ever redoubtable Register has been thoroughly cataloguing the ongoing disaster, and the readers comments with their interpretations of the logo make for delicious reading. I still stick by my interpretation of a pile of radioactive cat sick, but perhaps the most inspired analysis of the graphic was "Lisa Simpson giving head to a krypton factor puzzle". What's really worrying is that I can actually see how he came up with that...

I also like how the BBC have tried to discreetly cover up a faux pas of their own when they ran an alternative logo competition on the BBC News website. If you somehow are still innocent enough not to know what goatse is and therefore why the BBC withdrew the image (though, remarkably, it's still hosted on one of the BBC's webservers), I *beg* you, don't look it up. There are some things it's best to remain utterly ignorant of...
Post a Comment