Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Byte: Determinism

I've been spending far too much time on Wikipedia's Philosophy Portal lately, which has gotten me thinking about whether videogames are deterministic in nature or not. I'm not sure my rather incoherent thoughts on the subject thus far will ever become interesting enough to pitch at a games magazine as a feature, but the exercise in itself is its own reward, as Philosophy is one of those things that I've always had a vague interest in, but never really pursued. Fingers crossed, this is simply the first step toward yet another full-blown obsession in my quest for more information about everything.

In other (random) news, the pen really is mightier than the sword - at least according to that perennial favourite, Googlefight. Also, in other (bizarre) news, I found out today that my Mum is frequenting internet forums. Forums about orchids, but nonetheless an internet forum. She'll be e-mailing me in l33t-speak next...
Post a Comment