Thursday, May 31, 2007

Byte: Closing the gates

I think I've finally clicked with Oblivion, a year late perhaps, but better late than never, hey? I spent a good four hours last night sneaking around caves and shooting stunted scamps in the face with an arrow from five feet - I'll have to take some screenies for Flickr - preferably with the scamps in mid-flight as the arrow catapults them backwards, head-first. Ahhh, I love physics...

I closed no less than three Oblivion Gates last night, using the Sigil Stones to enchant my armour and the silver longsword that I sneakily filtched from the garrison in Bruma - with the bonus of enchanting it being that it no longer appears as being stolen in my inventory list, so if I find anything better, I can always sell it on.

I'm still happily fooling around at level one, since that appears to be the best way to go around closing the gates, and it still doesn't prevent you from picking up some nice gear from the dead prisoners in the Oblivion Towers. So far I've found an Amulet of Water Breathing (helpful for hunting slaughterfish in the lake outside Imperial City) plus two enchanted rings: one fire-shielding, the other paralysis-shielding. So now with my Dark Elf racial bonus, I'm practically impervious to fire - a very handy thing to be on the planes of Oblivion. I'm also progressing quite nicely with the main quest thread, though apparently I need to gain a level until I can actually proceed further with that, as you need to be at least level 2 before you can go off and find the daedra artifact you need to move the main quest on. So I'll probably spend tonight plundering more Sigil Stones from Oblivion Towers, as I'm not really in any rush to finish the game now that I've started getting into it. I also want to go and kill this, so there's definitely crab on the menu tonight...
Post a Comment