Thursday, December 07, 2006

Byte: Pissed off...

Sorry to make such an obvious Wii pun, but I'm annoyed. It doesn't look like my Wii pre-order from Woolworths is going to arrive tomorrow. It's doubly annoying, because after I pre-ordered, I told mon ami Cobbett that they were still guaranteeing pre-orders, so he ordered one an hour or so after I did, and he got a notification last night telling him that his Wii was "ready to dispatch".

How does that work, then?

I pre-order one first, but I get the standard "Nintendo haven't shipped all of our allocation, apologies for the delay" email, but Rich gets his? Something to do with the fact his surname begins with "C" and mine with "M", or that we don't live in the same locality? (South-West compared to South-East) You would like to think that if you're taking orders through a website, all the units would be allocated centrally. But from where I'm sitting, it doesn't look like it to me.

Woolworths are claiming that they should still be able to fulfil all their pre-orders by Christmas (which wouldn't be a disaster), but I still would have liked to have been able to boogie to Rayman Raving Rabbids tomorrow night into the early hours... And as a freelance games journalist looking to expand his portfolio, I should give them a nasty phone call and threaten to sue on grounds of loss of earnings if they don't GIVE ME MY WII, *NOW*...
Post a Comment