Monday, December 18, 2006

Byte: Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling...

I've been playing Wii Bowling so much that my arms ache. If I keep this up, I'm going to end up with arms like Popeye. Before Fleur dragged me to bed at around 1am this morning, I'd not only managed to gain Pro skill level, but I scored my first 200 point game. I topped out at 221 points - landing five strikes in a row, and managing spares with just about everything else. If only real-life bowling was that easy.

I love the way you can add spin to the ball by twisting the controller just prior to release; handy for taking out those tricky pins at the back corners. I'm enjoying the tennis and the baseball too, though I remain to be convinced about the golf. Perhaps I should try it with the Wiimote sensor bar on top of the TV rather than underneath it, but it seems very fiddly when judging the strength of putts. When I'm trying to do soft, sub-2m putts, my strokes don't seem to register at all, or they just end up being way too strong and the ball flies to the other end of the green. Being quite tall doesn't really help either, I'm sure. I've still not tried the boxing yet, mainly on account that Fleur gives me funny enough looks when I'm bowling...

I decided to work in the office today, just so I can go into town at lunch to pick up a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids... Speaking of which, look at the time!
Post a Comment