Thursday, October 26, 2006

Byte: WoW: Burning Crusade delayed

Firstly, I'm quite surprised that this would make the BBC News website.

Secondly, I'm actually mildly pleased, as it gives me more time to reach the current level cap before everyone charges off to reach the new one. I hit level 52 with my main character on Tuesday night, which was quite surprising, since I had only got to 51 the previous evening. It's amazing what you can do when you don't have your girlfriend enforcing a sleeping curfew... (she was visiting friends up in Lincoln at the beginning of the week)

So, only eight more levels to go, and about nine weeks to get them in. Will our plucky hero succeed? I'm surprised Shareth has made it this far, to be honest. Things got pretty sticky around level 40 when I seemed to be spending most of my time getting ganked in Stranglethorn Vale. Soloing your way to level 60 (which is what I've mostly been doing) is definitely the hard way of playing the game - it's taken me nearly two years to get to this point, which adds up to a solid fourteen days play - that's almost 350 hours. According to the stats put together by this fascinating site I've got about 150 hours until I can expect to hit level 60. So that's a tall order to get all those hours squeezed in between now and January, especially with all the other commitments on my free time. But I'll give it a good go anyway... Besides, I've always found playing Warcraft that it's more about having fun on the journey than reaching the destination at the end. So if I don't hit level 60 before Burning Crusade comes out, it's no big disaster.
Post a Comment