Friday, October 27, 2006

Bark: Choose ROFL

When things are going for you, they're *really* going for you.

Things got off to a bad start this week when I came down with flu and my eyelid flared up again, making me look like I'd gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson and sound like General Grievous from Revenge of the Sith.

I've also been waiting all week for that Medieval 2 review code to arrive, so as I'm in the office today, I called home to ask my girlfriend if I'd had any post. The answer was "kind of" - the Postman had left a note saying that I had a package, but that the sender hadn't paid the full amount of postage for it, so if I want to pick it up, I have to come to the local Post Office and pay the balance... Terrific!

But to cap it off, on Wednesday my counsellor binned the session I was due to have on Thursday night and essentially said that she couldn't help me. Which was great. Lost cause, don't even try. Fuck you, fuck you very much! So I guess I learnt a valuable lesson: don't ever rely on anyone else to help you, because you just end up getting let down and fucked over. So, you know what? If the world wants to reward people who are ruthless, heartless, self-serving bastards (because, face it, that's what the free market economy does) then I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Life's too short to be miserable, so as my mate Chris used to say at Napoleon's - "Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all!"

Given the choice between laughing and crying after the week I've had, I choose ROFL. Albeit a slightly maniacal and hysterical ROFL, but ROFL nonetheless...
Post a Comment