Friday, August 18, 2006

Byte: A leaving present

Since I'm about to sod off on holiday for another week, I thought I'd throw you another bone to keep you occupied until I'm back. It surely can't have escaped your notice how YouTube has become one of the hippest internet sites to be seen at lately.

Normally, I can't be bothered with all that, as I've got better things to do than trawl video sites for esoteric 1950's adverts for Fairy Liquid, or whatever. But then someone with far too much time on their hands does something like this.

In case an unsolicited link doesn't get you all clicking like mad (and why wouldn't it???), here's the deal: Someone has taken Darth Vader's scenes from the original Star Wars and over-dubbed them with lines from 1970's Blacksploitation pictures starring James Earl Jones. The result is a somewhat different Darth Vader than you might be used to. Pure genius.

My favourite scene: the TIE Fighter trench run.

Eternal thanks to Rob Hale for the link.
Post a Comment