Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Byte: Another bandwagon arrives four years late

Now that most of my current reviewing duties are out of the way (at least for the moment) I can actually take a little time to do some gaming for pleasure (as opposed to gaming for reviewing purposes). Firstly though, an apology.

Abject apologies to Zinar and Fearx, who're probably wondering where the hell I've got to. My World of Warcraft subscription expired right in the middle of the period when I was writing the reviews for Games TM and I haven't re-subbed yet. Nor am I likely to until The Burning Crusade comes out. Over the summer I'm going to be spending quite a lot of time away from home, so re-subbing would just be a waste of money - a commodity I can little afford to waste at the moment.

So with WoW on the back-burner for the immediately foreseeable future, I'm taking the opportunity to plug some time into other games. I've been replaying Grand Theft Auto: Vice City quite a bit (purely for the soundtrack), plus I've got Half-Life 2: Episode One to play. I did think about getting Oblivion, but I thought that since you can pick it up so cheaply these days, I should at least check out its predecessor, Morrowind, first. Then if I like that enough, I know I'm not going to be wasting upwards of £30 on Oblivion. Besides, Zinar has been telling me for over a year that I should try Morrowind. And who am I to argue with a fellow Night Elf Druid?

I picked up the Game of the Year Edition a couple of weeks ago, but true to form, have only just gotten around to installing it. First impressions are okay; it has an interesting method of character creation, at least. By modern standards it's not the prettiest game in the world, but at least there's plenty to do. Whether or not I'll have the time to do any of it is something else entirely, however. Priorities and all that.

Come on, Working Day. Piss off, so I can get back to playing with Alyx...
Post a Comment