Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bark: It's official - work is bad for you...

My right eyelid flared up this morning spectacularly, necessitating a trip to the doctor. He tells me that it's an infection of the soft tissues of the eyelid, and promptly puts me on a course of Flucloxacillin - an antibiotic - the first prescribed medication I've had to take in easily nine years. Then I mention the pains I've been having in my right arm over the last week or so.

He examined my arm and asked me where it hurt when I flexed my wrist, and said that I had tenosynovitis, essentially an inflammation of the sheath around the tendons in my arms - i.e. the early stages of RSI. He then promptly assigned me a course of anti-inflammatories and gave me a doctor's note for two weeks off work. I'm going to be popular with my manager...

So don't expect to see me online very much (if at all) over the next couple of weeks, because if I can't use a computer for work, I can't really use it for play, either. Bummer. Just as well I have over 100 DVDs in the house. Otherwise I might get very bored...
Post a Comment