Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bark: Bedside manner

Well, that was most unpleasant. With the recurrance of my eye problem over the weekend, I went back to the doctor's this morning, where I had a needle stuck into my bottom eyelid, and had it squeezed until the pus oozing out of the wound was replaced by blood. I warned the doctor beforehand that I was a little bit squeamish about having people mess around my eyes (especially with needles), so what did she say?

"Well, make sure you stay still then, otherwise you'll have one less to worry about."

Not particularly reassuring, you'll agree. It never ceases to amaze me in how many ways your body will either try to kill you or put you in abject pain if you don't take care of it well enough, but I have to say, having a needle stuck into an infected eyelid rates right up there as one of the most hideous, and one I'm least likely to want to repeat... Let's just hope this course of antibiotics does the trick this time.
Post a Comment