Friday, April 21, 2006

Byte: It's always worth checking...

I was just reading a thread in the PC folder of the NTSC-UK forums about ISPs, and it occured to me that I hadn't checked what my own ISP (Pipex) is offering at the moment, so off I toddle to their website. A quick poke around reveals that my phone line will now go up to 3MB, thanks to them upgrading their services (about a year ago, it was topping out a 1MB, and I'm sure you remember the pulaver I had getting that to work properly), and since I've been with them for more than 12 months, I'm eligible to upgrade my line to an uncapped 2MB service for free, and my monthly fee is only £1 a month more than my current 1MB deal. So upgrading's a no brainer, really. Just goes to show you should a eye on these things.

Still, I bet the bandwidth upgrade won't make Auto Assault run any bloody smoother. It's a fun enough MMOG, but boy, it has some technical problems...
Post a Comment