Sunday, April 23, 2006

Byte: I blame Tim Edwards

Nintendo's WiFi network hates me. After spending nearly half a dozen hours unsuccessfully trying to set up my DS to work with my wi-fi router, using auto-detect, using the manual set-up, even trying to manually assign IP addresses in the router settings themselves, I admitted defeat, and resigned myself to only being able to play online Mario Kart looking like a complete saddo in the pub.

Then Tim from PCG notices my Blathers quote on MSN Messenger, says "I want to come to your town!" and neatly persuades me to fork out nearly £30 on a Ninty WiFi dongle, to bypass the router problem. It arrives from Play yesterday, except we're dashing off to Essex for the weekend to see some friends. I get back tonight, after a horror trip around the M25 to install it, and... IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. It says that there's an internet connection sharing error and promptly bombs out of the installer, without so much as a by-your-leave. Like, DON'T TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT, OR ANYTHING!

So I go to the Nintendo Wi-Fi website, and not only is this problem not listed on the website, the online support form is knackered, too... Thanks Nintendo. So, Tim, I guess you won't be able to come to Crosston after all.
Post a Comment