Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bark: Bioclock-shock

I don't know what I've done, but I've completely fucked up my bioclock. I seem to be running on San Diego time again, just like when I was working as a croupier. So drastic action has been called for. In an attempt to reset my body clock to something more reasonably approximating Greenwich Mean Time, I'm pulling an all-nighter, and actually utilising the time to do some work-work (i.e. work for my proper day job, rather than spending time pissing about on the internet or playing games).

To keep me company during the long, cold, dark night, I've ripped the soundtracks off the game disks of the original Grand Theft Auto and its expansion, Grand Theft Auto: London. Since it's almost impossible to get the actual games working under Windows XP, I figured that since the soundtracks on the disks are in ISO format, I might as well rip them to MP3 and still get some mileage out of the disks. It's been a long time since I've listened to the soundtracks, so I was a little taken aback by the sheer quality of some of the tracks. Some of the tracks for the original GTA soundtrack by Craig Conner are outstanding, my favourites being the Head Radio tracks in particular.

I know I'm perpetually about a decade behind the times when it comes to hip music, but I think practically all of the stuff on the original GTA soundtrack is one hell of a lot better than most of the generic shit you'll find in the charts today. Whether that's an indictment of my taste in music or the standard of current songwriting, I don't know. I'll let you decide that one. I'll just get back to listening to The Ballad of Chapped Lip Calquhoun and the Germanic techno-classic Lagerstar as I wait for the sun to come up...

"Menfolk find their women scary, 'cause they were so big and hairy..."
Post a Comment