Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bark: And it only took nine years...

I was just checking my online banking statement, and I was rather pleasantly surprised to see that I've finished off paying my Student Loan. Only NINE YEARS after I graduated, and that was only with a student debt of less than five grand. (I ran a tight monetary ship when I was at uni. I had to: I didn't have any.) Granted, I did defer payments for about three years, but still, that's a long time to be paying off a loan. I shudder to think what it would be like if I'd come out of university with the kind of debt level most students do currently. You'd be ready to retire by the time you've paid it all off.

So goodbye, Student Debt! Now I can put that £85 a month to much more worthwhile use. Like paying off my non-Student Debt. Wait a second...
Post a Comment