Sunday, March 26, 2006

Byte: Freedom and liberty

Specifically, freeing and liberating space in my game storage boxes. As I intimated earlier in the week, my game storage space was approaching critical, so today I took a trip down to PC World in Farnborough, bought the biggest CD carry case I could find, and spent an hour and a half this afternoon indexing my PC games collection into alphabetical order, and chucking out over 100 DVD and CD jewel cases, which are now sitting outside my door in a bulging black plastic bag. I didn't throw out all the cases: I decided to keep ahold of all my Xbox, Gamecube and DS boxes, plus around a dozen selected PC games; i.e. the ones for the games I'm most sentimentally attached to, such as the Baldur's Gate games, Neverwinter Nights, KotOR Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, World of Warcraft and Half-Life 2. I'm glad I decided to go for the biggest CD case I could find, because with all the multi-CD titles I have, I almost filled it entirely - I can barely zip up the case, because the game manuals (which I also kept) bulk the case out so much. I may need to get another one at some point in the near future.

With all that storage space freed up, I'm now free to buy more games without feeling too guilty about it, which is just as well, given that I bought copies of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Resident Evil 4 at the weekend. Plus I have Animal Crossing: Wild World and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney coming for my DS at the end of this week. It's a good job that my 48,000 mile service on the coupé wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be, because the bonus money I thought I was going to spend on that is pretty much gone now, thanks to my games buying spree over the last two weekends. I think I'm going to have to stay away from GAME and the Play website for the next couple of months. It's not like I don't have enough games to keep me busy for the moment, is it?
Post a Comment