Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bark: Inside Man

It just occured to me that I told you that I went to the cinema at the weekend, and I failed to tell you what film I saw, which was remiss of me, because it was bloody good.

It was a preview showing of Spike Lee's latest "joint" (as he describes it on the opening credits), Inside Man. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Spike Lee (though I did like Clockers), but the trailer looked interesting, and I like the three priniciple actors, Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster and Clive Owen, so I thought, "why not?"

It's a very clever heist thriller, with a some really nice twists, great characters and a superb script. A nice mix of violence, intrigue and humour: especially the bit where you've got the armed bank robber giving relationship advice to the hostage negotiator and taking a sly dig at the kid playing gangsta-themed games on his PSPs. "I've got to talk to your dad about this game..."

Well worth seeing once it goes on general release this week.
Post a Comment