Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bark: The Most Romantic Day

Valentines Day is normally the day when I spoil my girlfriend rotten, by writing her a soppy poem in a very expensive card, cooking her a delicious but apocalyptically calorific meal of my very own recipe, and otherwise being the most sickeningly romantic man on the planet.

This year, unfortunately, circumstances beyond our control have put a dampener upon the whole day. Last night both my girlfriend and I succumbed to gastric flu, which has to go down as one of the vilest and singularly unpleasant aliments I've ever had the misfortune to have. When you're not vomiting, you're usually on the toilet, having an experience that can best be described as akin to the elevator scene in The Shining, except rather more brown.

On that wonderfully romantic image, I'll leave you to get back to my suffering...
Post a Comment