Thursday, November 10, 2005

Byte: Getting Grumpy

I've been threatening to do this for a while now. The eagle-eyed of you will have noticed a new link at the bottom of my "favourite people" list. It's a link to what I hope will become a collaborative blog that will not only show people the positive side of videogames, but will also go some way to debunking the urban myths about videogames commonly perpetrated within the mainstream media, and address videogames news stories as they happen, with a pro-games/pro-reality spin.

I don't expect to really achieve anything earth-shattering, with this. It's more of a feelgood exercise for gamers - putting out positive messages about videogames, instead of letting them being lumbered with the preposterous burden of being the source of all evil.

A few people I know have expressed a vague interest in being involved with such an enterprise; I hope that you (dear reader) will be able to find the time to contribute as well, as often or as little as you wish. Contact details are on the GOG Blog.
Post a Comment