Thursday, September 15, 2005

Byte: 401st Airborne

I've been playing lots of Nanostray on the DS recently. I've finally started making headway in the Arcade mode, and am currently residing at 401st in the Nanostray World Rankings. Which isn't bad, considering I haven't played a vertically scrolling shooter since Ikari Warriors on the Spectrum (with which I spent more time shooting my brother in the co-op mode than actually trying to get a high score) and that my reflexes have gotten somewhat old and flabby in the intervening 15 years.

I'm really enjoying it a lot, despite the flaws I told you about in an earlier post. I'm also somewhat gratified to see that it's getting a UK release in mid-October, if nothing else so that more people can play it to help the UK raise it's miserly World Ranking of 10th...

I should have a proper review of it knocked off soon for Pro-G. Though expect to see my Meteos review on there first, sometime next week. I've finally gotten to review it since the UK release is in just 8 days. If you haven't bought Meteos yet, then you really should, because it's simply awesome. Plus, it's the only game ever made that I could have possibly made a comparison with a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster in the opening paragraph. For this alone, you should buy it.
Post a Comment