Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Byte: Blizzard conditions

I'm getting very frustrated with Blizzard over my continuing World of Warcraft login problem. The first e-mail I sent them last Thursday got unceremoniously bounced from their mail server - presumably because they're being bombarded with messages about similar problems. It appears that over the weekend they took some of the European servers down to fix a server authentication problem. They obviously didn't do a very good job, because my account still won't log in. After I found out my first e-mail got bounced, I resent it on Saturday, only to have received no reply, to date.

I sent off another support request via the website last night, and if they can't sort this out by the end of the week, I'm contemplating cancelling my subscription.

Their excuse is apparently "we weren't expecting it to be this popular!" Okayyyy. Keep taking those tablets, mate. An online version of the most popular fantasy RTS franchise in existence, with some of the most stylised and striking graphics in an MMORPG to date, a gameplay model that cuts out the majority of the level grind AND THEY WEREN'T EXPECTING IT TO BE POPULAR????

Not good enough. And after the anti-climax of Knights of the Old Republic 2, I was really looking forward to getting stuck into this, too...
Post a Comment