Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Bark: Rocket Fuel

With me working so late last night, I chickened out of my commute down the M3 and decided to work from home. The advantage of working from home is that I can abuse my broadband connection all day, taking advantage of my company's fantastic mobile working infrastructure, and eat a more appetizing (and somewhat healthier) lunch than I can usually find on the baguette stall of my work canteen.

Unlike Jamie Oliver, I'm more "Jazz Chef" than "Naked Chef", because I like to improvise recipes. Here's what I did for lunch after raiding the fridge and cupboards to see what needed eating (and it was *lovely*, by the way).

Rocket Fuel:

100g low-carb pasta
A 200g packet of wild rocket
1 small tin of tuna steak, in tomato and herb dressing
1 red bird-eye chilli
1tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper (to taste)
Emmenthal cheese shavings (to garnish)

Boil the pasta in salted water with the olive oil, until al dente, according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta, leaving a little water in the pan. Add the rocket, and return to a very low heat, allowing the rocket to steam and wilt for a couple of minutes. Add the tuna steak and dressing to the pan, stirring through to coat the pasta. Add pepper to taste, and then use a sharp pair of kitchen scissors to snip in the chilli. Allow the sauce to warm through for a minute, and then serve immediately, garnishing with the Emmenthal shavings.

Eat and enjoy.

You're now ready to face another afternoon at the grindstone...
Post a Comment