Thursday, August 12, 2004

Gossism



We've all heard of George W. Bushisms, the classic this week being


"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."



But unless you watch the news pretty closely over the last week, you've probably never heard of Porter Goss George Bush's pick to be next Director of the CIA. Not only is Goss a leading Republican (itself a bit of a taboo when appointing CIA Directors - they're meant to be apolitical) but he was also interviewed for Farenheit 9/11 by two of Michael Moore's producers. Interestingly, Goss never asked who these producers worked for, so some of his comments that didn't make it into the film make seriously interesting reading.



"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified,"


"I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably,"


"And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day: 'Dad you got to get better on your computer.' Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have."


Oooops!


The White House's response? That Goss is "the most qualified man for the job."


Okayyyy. Keep taking the tablets, George.

Post a Comment