Thursday, June 24, 2004

Godchild



I've not been doing much gaming lately, with Euro 2004 being on. I've been pretty much restricted to playing things that will run on the laptop, which means Diablo 2, ZangbandTK and Baldurs Gate.


I was getting a little bored with my BG Paladin character a couple of nights ago, so I ducked into the Character Creation screen and set about generating a new Elven Ranger.


Normally, AD&D character creation involves a huge amount of time sank into clicking the Roll Again button until it comes up with a set of stats that are satisfactory and won't send your character to the grave if you should upset a Gibberling before you reach Level 2.


This time, however, I got lucky. Within a dozen rerolls I got a truly Godlike set of stats, which suitably befits a character meant to be the Spawn of the God Of Murder.


Strength: 18/00

Dexterity: 19

Constitution: 17

Intelligence: 9 (that's okay - he's a Ranger... he doesn't *need* to be too bright)

Wisdom: 18

Charisma: 18


WOOF! This is a character worth taking through the game and importing into BGII. You may say "POWER GAMER!" but this is meant to be a bloody demi-God you're playing, not the nine stone weakling from down the road. The latter might actually be more challenging to play, but he wouldn't stand a chance against a hungry wolf. Besides, this is a game - you're *meant* to be the hero and the winner. I think a little stat overdose is justified when you're the son of (a) God. I'll probably take the reborn "Thrawn; Ranger!" through his first couple of Level Ups tonight whilst I'm watching the England-Portugal game. Should be a good game. Both of them, in fact.

Post a Comment