Friday, May 21, 2004

Expenses



I've just claimed my mileage for my commute to Hursley from the flat in Lightwater (an 82 mile round trip over and above my normal commute to Farnborough). Since I'm using my own car, I'm not on the company car scheme yet, so I'm claiming a staggering 31p a mile. This means that I've racked up about £460 in the month since I joined the project. Considering that I've only been paying about £50 a week for diesel, that's quite a healthy profit, and will even cover the 12000 mile service I had done on the CoupĂ© a fortnight ago, with some money to spare. Which my workmates will probably insist I spend on a GBA SP and a copy of Bomberman.


I should have another month or two like this before I run out of miles on the casual user scheme, and have to switch over to the company car scheme, which should still give me a healthy £25 profit on fuel every week. Sweet.


This is also one of the funniest things I've seen in months. Make sure you check out the feedback for the buyer and the seller.

Post a Comment