Friday, April 02, 2004

And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard drive's gonna install...



Abject apologies for the terrible Bob Dylan pun, but my new 160GB hard drive arrived yesterday. I plan on installing it tomorrow whilst Fleur is visiting friends in London, mainly so she doesn't have a heart attack when I clutter up the floor in the bedroom with boxes, PC components and the tower case. I've not installed a hard drive in a while, and I hope to be able to install it as a slave drive to the one that's currently in the tower, otherwise I have an afternoon of reinstalling Windows to look forward to. I think I'll have to do some backups to CD before I even start.


Hopefully, if I don't break my PC in the process of putting the disk in, (which is by no means certain) I should end up with enough space to install practically my entire games collection, which must number *way* over 60 games by now. I think I'll do an inventory over the weekend, and post it up here, so you can:


a) See just how bad my games addiction is, and

b) See what *good* taste I have in games. :-)


Had another good evening on UT2004 last night. I'm getting dangerously good with the air-to-air missiles on the Raptor fighter. I must've shot down half a dozen Mantas and Raptors, and toning down the resolution to 800x600 has done wonders for my online frame rate. I was consistently in the top 3 players (out of about 12) on the server I was playing on last night, and racked up over 100 points on a couple of maps. Dria and Arctic Stronghold are definitely becoming favourites.

Post a Comment