Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Telemarketing



Telemarketeers are the bane of my life. They're annoying, intrusive and unwanted, and they pretty much hold you hostage in your own home. When the phone rings in my house, I want it to be someone I want to talk to, not some bloody cold-caller trying to flog me something.


Normally, I'm pretty well downright offensive towards cold-callers, or use my answering machine to agressive screen the buggers, but now, I hope I've found a more pro-active answer - The Telephone Preference Service - These chaps register your phone number against a list of numbers that specify that you don't want to receive cold calls, and pretty much makes it an offense for anyone to cold-call you if you're on the list. It takes 4 weeks for everything to filter through the system, but friends who've recommended it to me say that it has practically eradicated cold-calling for them. Which is great. They do a similar Junk Mail service, too which I might use to get rid of all the junk mail I receive for previous residents, though that's far less of a problem.


Fingers crossed, I can say goodbye to cold-calling scum companies who only pay the poor bastards who get my abuse minimum wage. We'll see in a few weeks.

Post a Comment