Thursday, August 28, 2003

Daddy or chips?



I'm sure you've seen the advert - where the girl is trying to choose - I'm in a similar quandary. Blog or State? I really need to write a new editorial, but I'm struggling to find something to write about, whereas writing for my Blog is easy. So here I am.


As you will know from my entries prior to my trip to Portugal, I'm learning Java at the moment, and I've finally got my hands on a Java Development Kit. Not just any JDK, but the WebSphere Application Developer's Kit (which is known colloquially within the IBM community via the gamer friendly acronym WSAD), and it's all rather flash. As I'm getting further into this Java course, it's getting much more complicated, but not overwhelmingly so. I can certainly see the potential of it, and I really want to get my hands on some source code and have a play about with it, now that I have a Java compiler, because these online courses are crap - you never really learn anything until you can get your hands on some working code. (Whereupon you turn it into non-working code) I think I'll have to look for a Java book in PC World at lunchtime.

Post a Comment