Thursday, May 08, 2003

Gaypad



Yes, I know it's a rather puerile joke, but I've done something I once swore I'd never do. I popped out to PC World at lunch to buy a gamepad for my PC. Since Fleur kept whining at me for messing up the bedroom whenever I used my steering wheel and pedal set, I ended up giving it to Paul in a fit of exasperated generousity, leaving me with no suitable controller to play my driving games with. So I've finally given into temptation and gotten myself an analogue pad - a Saitek P2500 Rumble Force. I decided on this one because a) it's fairly cheap (£20) and b) because my Saitek 3D Cyborg Force Feedback joystick is top class, so I trust the quality of their gear. I was tempted to go for the Logitech Wingman pad, but it only has the one analogue stick (and I didn't want to fork out £40 for the wireless version that has two) and for things like Grand Prix 3 and Colin McRae 2, you really need to separate out the steering and throttle onto separate analogue controls.


So, I've bought a gamepad. It's a slippery slope I'm on now. Next I'll be buying one of those new-fangled console toys,...

Post a Comment