Friday, April 04, 2003

Sweepstake



It's Grand National weekend this week, so we're having a sweepstake in the office, two horses for two quid. I've got Chives and Blowing Wind. They're horses, honestly!

Chives looks like a good pick - 11 to 1 joint second favourite, though Blowing Wind is a 51 to 1 outsider. A possible dark horse if the whole field fails to get over the first fence. I suspect I'll never see that £2 again, however. Horses aren't exactly my thing.


Luckily, it's our poker night tonight, and I stand a much better chance at that, and I'm having a couple of practice hands at lunch with Tim, Iain and Craig to try and pick up on their 'tails' and see what their betting strategy is like. From what everyone is saying, it seems like no-one has played for a while, so could it be easy pickings? I don't think I should tempt fate at this point, but let's just say I'm pretty confident of winning.

Post a Comment